FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Registered participants commencing the event before 7.30am or completing the event after 4.30pm will not be considered a participant in 7 Bridges Walk outside those course open hours.
All registration fees go towards Cancer Council to cover the cost of the event.
For more information on how your funds have been put to work visit https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/
- Access to Sydney Harbour Bridge from the north (Milsons Point)
- Access from Sydney Harbour Bridge to the south (onto Cumberland Street, The Rocks)
- Access from Gladesville Bridge to the west
- Access from Figtree Bridge, then onto a steep hill via stairs
- Steep hill in Riverview Street just after Burns Bay Reserve
- Access to Gore Creek Reserve from the west (steep and uneven stairs down to bush track)
We suggest that participants who wish to use a stroller or pram or are in a wheelchair, have someone to assist them through their journey and investigate the various areas of the course where they would like to travel.
The part of the course best suited for wheelchairs starts at Pyrmont Village (Pyrmont Park) accessible via Light Rail, and finishes at Rozelle Village, where you can join the free bus at Bus Stop 8. This part of the course is graded an Easy Level Walk.
The north side of the course from Hunters Hill Village through to Milsons Point Village is considered to be a Medium Level Walk and includes a number of hills. Please enquire at the Information Booth at each Village for more information as you make your way around the course.
- Milsons Point - Outside Milsons Point Village on Alfred St South outside Milsons Point Train Station
- King St, Wollstonecraft - Opposite side of the road to Wollstonecraft Village (Brennan Park)
- River Rd, Greenwich - On northern side of River Road, opposite Greenwich Hospital
- River Rd West, Blaxland's Corner - On northern side of River Road, near William Edward Street
- Burns Bay Rd, Linley Point - On western side of Burns Bay Road opposite intersection of View Street
- Burns Bay Rd, Hunters Hill - On the northbound exit ramp to Church Street
- Victoria Rd, Drummoyne - near Lyons Rd, outside the Drummoyne Post Office
- Victoria Rd, Rozelle - At Toelle Street
- Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont - Opposite Pyrmont Village, outside The Star
- Decision point at Iron Cove Bridge
Choice of either walking the path underneath both bridges, which leads (via stairs) to the historic Iron Cove Bridge. You will then join the normal route on the other side of the bridge on Victoria Road (Canada Bay). Or you can use the ramp leading to the newer Iron Cove Bridge (accessible for prams & wheelchairs) and join the normal route on the other side of the bridge on Victoria Road (Canada Bay).
- Decision point at Riverview Street/ Tambourine Bay Road, Riverview
Choice of either taking the bushwalk track through Tambourine Bay Reserve (mobility restricted) or to continue along the footpath via Flaumont Avenue and Carranya Road to Warraroon Road (accessible). The bush track is approximately 300m longer.
- Decision point at Lane Cove Village
Choice of either taking the bushwalk track through Gore Creek Reserve (mobility restricted) or continue along the footpath by crossing Northwood Road onto River Road, following course signs to re-join with the bushwalk route at Gore Street (accessible). Both routes are approximately the same distance.
Leave the car at home and catch public transport to the 7 Bridges Walk.
For all the information on how to get public transport to your starting Village, visit https://transportnsw.info/events/2018/10/seven-bridges-walk-2018
The nearest public transport stops to the Villages are as follows:
- Milsons Point Village - Milsons Point Train Station
- Pyrmont Village - The Star Light Rail Station, Pyrmont Bay Light Rail Station
- Rozelle Village - Bus stops on Victoria Road (various routes)
- Hunters Hill Village - Bus stops on Burns Bay Road (Route 530)
- Lane Cove Village - Bus stops on River Road West and Longueville Road (Route 254)
- Wollstonecraft Village - Waverton Train Station